Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The sun

A little late for a post, but again, at least I'm posting something.

Even though I obviously have so many things to be thankful for, and I have so many blessings in my life, tonight I really struggled to think of one I actually genuinely felt grateful for. I could go on and on about all the things that my mom did for me or something like that, and while I am grateful, do I especially feel that gratitude today, right now? No. I've been dwelling on other things, feeling depressed, and feeling sorry for myself. I was thinking, I'm not going to bother posting anything, I'm too depressed. But then I also remembered, this is why I created this blog. So that on days like today, I have at least a tiny bit of motivation to think of something in my life that is good.

I struggled to find something that I felt grateful for, or anything that seemed right with the word, but then I remembered this guy:


It's January 4th (or 5th, whichever way you want to look at it). It's supposed to be freezing. But today, it was almost 50 degrees. The sun was shining so brightly and it was so warm. I truly felt grateful for the sunshine today, because in Utah, sunny days in winter are not a common occurrence. So thank you for making an appearance today, Mr. Yellow Dwarf. You kind of made my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment